Following the President’s announcement on Sunday 15 March, the College Management and Board of Governors have unanimously agreed to the following.
1. The College will close on Wednesday 18 March.
• Aftercare will run as normal on the 18th March.
• The Foundation Phase will close @ 1:20 and Grade 4 – 7 @ 14:00.
• The High School will close @ 14:00
2. There will be no assemblies this week 16 – 18 March 2020.
3. College Calendar activities that have not taken place this term will be re-scheduled for later in the year.
4. All College tours/camps/fixtures have been postponed.
5. If you are anxious about your child’s wellbeing, it remains your prerogative to not send your children to school. The College will support your decision.
Management, staff and the Board of Governors are meeting this week to determine a solution that will be workable to prevent any or little loss of the academic year. We are planning to resume on Tuesday 14 April and no academic time will be forfeited. All learning material & books must go home on Wednesday 18 March. A more detailed online programme will be shared with you this week once the plan has been vetted and agreed to.
CBC Mount Edmund joins the President in urging all citizens to remain calm, stay informed and take the necessary precautions to prevent the spread of the virus.
Peace I leave with you. My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be trouble and do not be afraid.