The CBC Aftercare Centre provides supervised care for primary school children after school.
To ensure that CBC Aftercare Centre offers high quality care for children attending pre-primary to Grade 5 in a safe, friendly, age appropriate environment for children with professional, caring and motivated staff.
The focus of the CBC Aftercare Centre is the happiness and well-being of your child. We believe that the programme for our centre should provide opportunities for children to participate in stimulating activities and dynamic play to encourage both individual processes and social/group engagements that are part of a shared, collaborative and resource rich environment.
Quality aftercare helps children develop their potential in all areas of emotional, social and physical development. We provide supervised homework. We believe that self-choice is an essential base of children’s enjoyment in their play time, and therefore we will seek to extend the range of children’s experience through facilitating planned activities as well as spontaneous forms of play.
Parents are encouraged to develop effective communication with the staff at the centre.
Our staff show the children respect as individuals and respond to their needs in a warm, safe and friendly environment.
- To provide a safe and secure environment.
- To provide an environment for children to feel relaxed and in a place where they belong.
- To provide a place for children to make new friends.
- To maintain high levels of health, hygiene and cleanliness.
- To promote respect and consideration of others.
- To promote self-responsibility by providing opportunities for children to make choices, take on new challenges and enhance self-esteem.
- To value and encourage the involvement of children and parents in program development.
Our Centre operates during the following times:
12.00pm to 5.30pm Monday to Friday. (There is no holiday programme)